Status
Not open for further replies.

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Ingame Name:

Unobjectionable

Previous IGN: (Link your Name Mc profile here)

Age (Must be 13 or older):

16 years of age

Timezone:

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly):

As I am a recently new member on the server, I do not have much of a reputation specifically on this server. On other servers, I am viewed as a very friendly and helpful person. This is because I am actively trying to help people with their needs and I am very professional in the way I chat and in the actions I do. Currently on this server, I am trying to get to know as many people as possible and I've talked to staff such as Orbitz, Kurtus and APlethora and we've had meaningful conversations. My goal on this server is for people to look at me as someone who can listen to their problems and help them out whilst also being someone whom people can have fun and interesting chats with. Whilst I may not be much in the community, becoming a staff member will help me become viewed as being someone who is friendly and helpful.

How active are/were you:

I am a recently new member of the server, but in all honesty, this means absolutely nothing. This is because I have already learned a lot about how to play on this server and how the economy works. If I am accepted as a staff on this server, i'll be sure to play for over 10 hours a week and this will be shown on my timetable below. I am very punctual and on time with my shifts and I will let management know if I am unable to join.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?

Yes I can and it is important that new staff spend as much time on the server as possible. Down below is my schedule that I'll try my hardest to achieve. If there is personal issues or family issues, then I will be sure to let management know that I cannot make in on the server. Here is my schedule:

Monday: 5:00-7:00am & 4:00-8:00pm
Tuesday: 5:00-7:00am & 8:00- 10:00pm
Wednesday: 5:00-7:00am & 8:00- 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:00-7:00am & 8:00- 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00-7:00am & 4:00-8:00pm
Saturday: All Day
Sunday: Times are varied but I would take some Sundays of as break days.

Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?

I play both game modes an equal amount. Whilst I like the mode of Skyblock more then the mode of Survival, I still play it because of how fun it is. I am requesting to get a staff placement on both Skyblock and Survival because not as my staff play Skyblock and I can split my time equally between both gamemodes so that all of the players get enough attention from staff.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?:

As someone who has a big passion for minecraft servers. I thought it would be nice to get back into the business and what better way to do this than apply on a decently big server such as Jurassic. I've really wanted to become a staff member on a server for a long time but I never got the chance to become one due to school and many exams. But now that I am free, I am willing to dedicate more time to working on this server and from all my answers below, you will see that I am a dedicated person who you will want to hire on your team after reading this application. Jurassic has caught my eyes for a number of reasons, the first one being how professional everyone is and the layout of the server (channels). Even though they're in beta, the server still seems to be semi active and this is a server that I want to be apart off.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:

There are many reasons why you should choose me to become a staff on this amazing server. Before I tell you my skills, you should note that all of these are 100% valid and true. Honestly I'd have a hard time saying truthfully "You should hire me!" because you are going to meet or have already met the other candidates, and of course I haven't met them. I would only say that I'm excited about your server. I've been working in many other servers, very successfully and I love it, and if I seem like the right person for the job I'd be very excited to continue the conversation. I have a lot of skills that would definitely impact the staff team in a good way:

--> Maturity: I treat every matter with the utmost respect and try to get it sorted as fast as possible. Never will you see me slacking of on the job. I will treat everyone fair and equally and if there is a difficult situation, I would definitely not let my emotions get the better of me and I would make a clear and concise decision.
--> Professionalism: While I love to have a bit of fun on the server, I stay at a professional level where people who have just joined the server can come and approach me with any question they need answering. My grammar is exceptional and I try to keep it that way even if I am tired. I try to stay professional by giving my full attention to the person who needs help.
--> Integrity: This is probably my best skill due to the fact that i'd never do anything behind the other staff's back or do something that would directly harm the players. If there is a mistake that I have made, big or small, I will always own up to it whether I get punished or not. This is because it is good to be honest and that is what you are looking for in a potential staff.
--> Efficiency: This skill was talked about in maturity, but if there is an immediate problem then I will respond to it straight away without any hassle. If there is a problem that I cannot solve efficiently than I would ask another staff

With regards to what I would do to benefit the server, i'd first of all be extremely active and I will make it my goal to answer everyone's questions. One of my biggest traits is being fair as i'll never be bias or corrupted as this would stain the reputation of the server and that is something that I would never, never want to do! I would not only benefit the general community of the server, but also the staffing community because I will try and build more meaningful relationships with each of the staff!

What will you do to improve the community?:

This question is similar to the one above. I will improve the community by carrying cleaning the server from all rule breakers and cheaters. As a player who's played on many different minecraft servers, when you see a rulebreaker get away, it angers you as they're stealing your experience on the server so therefore, if I get accepted as a helper on the server, I wont let hackers or rule breakers get away. Another way i'll improve the community is to keep the discord server chat alive and i'll do this by asking questions and helping new people in the chat to make it look more lively.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion):

Server: Divictus Network
Role: Helper
Description:

The first server that I was ever staffed on was a Bulgarian server called Divictus Network. I was accepted as a skyblock moderator and later moved into minigames as a moderator to find and ban hackers. This all took place around 2017 and I was staff there for over nine months before retiring. I learned many things from being a staff on that server. I learned the foundations of what it means and takes to be a staff on such a large server with a large playerbase and it also gave me training on how to find and ban hackers whist also cleaning up toxic people in chat. I retired from the server for a couple of reasons, the first being the language barrier as only 50 percent of the server spoke English and I could not understand if someone was swearing in Bulgarian or not and it got too hard for me. The second reason was because high school had just gotten a lot more serious and there were more exams and at that point I was struggling for time. Now I am fine for time as I have developed better time managing skills so I can fit minecraft staffing into my life if I am chosen.

Server: AcePvP
Role: Administrator
Description:

I have been an admin on this server for over two months but this server made no progress. This is because the owner was not committed to making the server good so it had to be disbanded. I resigned before the server got disbanded because I was being kept out of the loop by the owners and the managers which made me feel left out.

Server: Mc-Lists.org (Minecraft server advertising website)
Description:

I am currently a staff on this server and I have been working on this server for the past month. Even though this is a discord server and not a minecraft server, it has given me experience with moderating discord server chats and this will help me if I am accepted as a staff on Jurassic.

Server: Vulgrim.net
Role: Moderator
Description:

I became a moderator on Vulgrim in June of 2020. Resigned a few days ago to apply for this server!

Server: Nova Network
Description:

I became a moderator on Nova Network in August of 2020.

Can you record?:

Yes I can. I use Gyazo and other softwares to gather evidence.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Have you ever been banned from any server?

No, I have never been banned on any minecraft server.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?:

I vow that if I am accepted, I will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:

I vow that during the time of Staffing, I will follow the set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect my fellow companions despite not liking them.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?

Never am I biased and I can get along with everyone!

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?:

Yes

Note: I've resigned from all of the Minecraft servers that I have worked on!

Last edited:

APlethora

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Pros
-Very detailed
-Owns mic

Cons
-Fairly new to the server
-Missed a question

Thank you for taking the time to make an application. This is a solid application with plenty of detail. It seems that you have either not understood or forgot to answer one of the questions, try answering it to the best of your ability. Feel free to edit your application whenever you like if you wish to add anything.

Last edited:

Orbitz

Pros
-Very detailed
-Can record gameplay
-Owns mic
-Previous staff experience

Cons
-Very new to Jurrasic

Thank you for applying for staff in Jurassic. Your application is pretty good and very detailed, but you are also very new to the server. I wish you all the best and I hope to see you online soon!

pros
this is a huge staff application with an amazing amount of detail, this shows the effort and care you could put into the server as a staff member
You have laid out a schedule
You have previous experience

cons
n/a

As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with this application. You have done an incredible job and i wish you the best of luck!

QuickenLoans

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
This is an excellent and very detailed application. Well done. As my other staff colleagues have mentioned this application was done with a lot of effort and passion. I have one question, some of the servers you have listed under your previous staff experience section have no reason as to why you were demoted, or why you retired. Also, I must mention that you staffed on those servers (according to what you wrote) only within a few months time, are you still staffing there?
Overall I wish you the best of luck, I hope to see you around. Also, bonus points from me for liking Skyblock more, and wanting to see more staff on over there.

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Also, I must mention that you staffed on those servers (according to what you wrote) only within a few months time, are you still staffing there?
Hi, Good question. I am currently only staffing on Mc-Lists.org which isn't a minecraft server, but a minecraft server listing website. I resigned from most of the servers to apply for this server and this shows how committed I am to applying. Once again- good question and thank you for clarifying it! - Aaron

APlethora

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, Good question. I am currently only staffing on Mc-Lists.org which isn't a minecraft server, but a minecraft server listing website. I resigned from most of the servers to apply for this server and this shows how committed I am to applying. Once again- good question and thank you for clarifying it! - Aaron
When you say most, we need to you resign from all of them, you can not staff on any other servers if you wish to do so on this one.

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
When you say most, we need to you resign from all of them, you can not staff on any other servers if you wish to do so on this one.
Good point, I'm going to resign from NovaNetwork, which is the only other minecraft server that I am professionally affiliated with. I feel as if since Mc-Lists.Org isn't a minecraft server, I should still be allowed to moderate it. If this is a problem, then i'll resign! - Aaron

Resources

Pros:
  • Very Detailed
  • Can record/owns mic
  • Has some experience, mostly on no-name servers however.
  • Seems mature & professional.
Cons:
  • Pretty new to Jurassic, this shouldn't be much of a problem though.

Overall, well crafted application, good job!

Resources

Good point, I'm going to resign from NovaNetwork, which is the only other minecraft server that I am professionally affiliated with. I feel as if since Mc-Lists.Org isn't a minecraft server, I should still be allowed to moderate it. If this is a problem, then i'll resign! - Aaron
I do believe the main reason for the exclusivity clause is so people have the time to dedicate to the server, not because we have some fundamental hatred of other servers. If it's a voluntary position, we'd probably ask you to leave.

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
I do believe the main reason for the exclusivity clause is so people have the time to dedicate to the server, not because we have some fundamental hatred of other servers. If it's a voluntary position, we'd probably ask you to leave.
Hi Resources, as I stated before, if there is a problem then I will resign! Also, thank you so much for your comments above!

Status
Not open for further replies.