Support our new website by donating!

Click to Copy ip

Denied Solenei's Staff Application

Solenei

Solenei

Previous IGN: mine.ly/Solenei.1

Timezone: GMT+1 ( British Summer Time)

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly):

I have yet received a reputation on this server since I'm quite new. The people that do know me tho, I hope would agree that I am a quite respectable and friendly person. I may have my opinions, but I can assure you, if I would have the staff community reputation on my back, I would do nothing but show the best behavior possible. My goal is to help people join the community so I would never think of proclaiming any negative or controversial opinions. I feel like the Jurassic server is amazing because of its wonderful staff team and community so want to do everything in my power to help people enter this community as easily as possible.

How active are/were you?
I play regularly, usually will come on every day for at least an hour, but if I skip a day, I will most likely come the next day and spend twice the usual time online. For most of my time I would do progress towards the town I am building, but now and then I would go and help out the most prominent members of the server with there builds or events, such as World and YungPada.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?
Yes, tho college is starting soon, I expect my hours to go down slightly but they will not drop under the needed amount I can assure you of that.

Do you play Survival or Sky-block more?
I play only survival, but soon my friend will join me and we will join sky-block together.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?
I tend to only like playing multiplayer survival, but I quickly get bored with the survival aspect of it, so I would frequently go off and help other new-comers start there survival experience and journey. This behavior has landed me moderator roles on two different servers, thus I think it would be helpful towards bettering the already amazing community of the Jurassic server.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?
I think the Jurassic server has a very amazing community and I think many out-spoken/extroverted people get quickly added to the community, but the quieter and intervened folk get left out of this amazing community, so I wanna do my best and help every person who joins Jurassic craft to have the best experience they can, no, they deserve.

What will you do to improve the community?
I'm planning on making a town that anyone could join, and they would be greeted with open arms and enough items to feel like they aren't starting from zero, but enough items so they still feel the challenge, I also would want a town that would show all the amazing features of this server, that isn't hidden per-say but can only be found thru asking other players online, which not many players do, they join and see a "simple" server and leave, so I want to show the amazing uniqueness of this server before they could even hit ESC, such features as /jobs plugin, the /ah or even clamming. (EDIT) I also will do the primary duties of a mod or admin, which is manage the community by punishing rule breakers or de-escalating and managing any controversy in chat.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion)
IP: play.metacraft.xyz
Role: Admin
Description:
The server closed down since the owner moved on to other projects. Moderated to the day it shut down.

IP: mc.mineplay.com
Role: Mod
Description:
I moderated the chat and people's feedback also helped out with some server plugins. The owner mysteriously disappeared and the server shut down, but the discord group still stayed online, many people guessed he passed away or could not support the server anymore and did not want to tell the bad news.

Can you record?
Yes, I can also edit using Filmora.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

Have you ever been banned from any server?
Hypixel: I have gotten banned because of an auto clicker, but this was 3-4 years ago, I have since wised up and come to realize that cheating removes the fun from the game.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?
I vow that if I am accepted, I will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?
I vow that during the time of Staffing, I will follow the set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect my fellow companions despite not liking them.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?
If I hold the reputation of the staff team I will never show any dislike towards anyone, and I will not be biased on my decisions as staff.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?
Yes.

Last edited:

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hello!

Pros:
1) Age
2) Experience
3) Microphone
Cons:
1) Lacking in detail. Sections like : What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community? need to have more then just one or two sentences. This applies with most of the other long answer questions.

2) You have been banned from a big server. This shows that you may still have some tendencies to break rules.

3) With this question, you haven't answered the question properly. What I mean by this is that you've stated how you'll improve the server as a player, but not as a staff. There is nothing about punishing hackers or muting chat abusers. You've talked about opening up a "town", which is something that a player would do. Being a staff doesn't mean you have to give players items, but give them guidance. Also, how does a town show all the features of a server?
I'm planning on making a town that anyone could join, and they would be greeted with open arms and enough items to feel like they aren't starting from zero, but enough items so they still feel the challenge, I also would want a town that would show all the amazing features of this server, that isn't hidden per-say but can only be found thru asking other players online, which not many players do, they join and see a "simple" server and leave, so I want to show the amazing uniqueness of this server before they could even hit ESC.
4) Some minor grammatical errors (fixable through grammarly)

Anyways, good luck. If I come across as being harsh, please don't take it that way as I am only trying to help you.
(-1)

APlethora

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Pros
-Own mic
-Experienced in staffing

Cons
-Lacking detail
-History

Thank you for taking the time to make an application. I suggest adding more detail into your answers as it is lacking a lot. Feel free to edit your application whenever you like if you wish to add anything.

Solenei

Hello!

Pros:
1) Age
2) Experience
3) Microphone
Cons:
1) Lacking in detail. Sections like : What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community? need to have more then just one or two sentences. This applies with most of the other long answer questions.

2) You have been banned from a big server. This shows that you may still have some tendencies to break rules.

3) With this question, you haven't answered the question properly. What I mean by this is that you've stated how you'll improve the server as a player, but not as a staff. There is nothing about punishing hackers or muting chat abusers. You've talked about opening up a "town", which is something that a player would do. Being a staff doesn't mean you have to give players items, but give them guidance. Also, how does a town show all the features of a server?

4) Some minor grammatical errors (fixable through grammarly)

Anyways, good luck. If I come across as being harsh, please don't take it that way as I am only trying to help you.
(-1)
A very big thanks for reviewing my application. I would like to add that I have been ban from hypixel 3-4 years ago, and yes that is quite bad, but i cant change the past, but i can change the future so i have a request of sorts, i would like, if possible to be put on a list where i'm carefully watched, if i do show any sign of rule breaking, you can reject me fully, but if I show that i grew out of that phase, I would like that this history yo be ignored in the judgement of my application. and for catching hackers and moderating chat, but i assumed that is a given that every mod and admin is expected to do and so did not include it. I also ran this thru grammarly and fixed all mistakes, so strange that u found some, but non the less. thank you again. Oh and about the town, well for example make a public farm with signs saying, please join "/jobs" and join farmer to make money while your farming. Because it doesn't say this anywhere in spawn, and most players wont go out there way to find this, so the only way people find out is thru chat.

Solenei

Pros
-Own mic
-Experienced in staffing

Cons
-Lacking detail
-History

Thank you for taking the time to make an application. I suggest adding more detail into your answers as it is lacking a lot. Feel free to edit your application whenever you like if you wish to add anything.
I would want to add more detail, but i am unaware of what place is lacking, thus i cant add more information, so I would be very grateful if you could point out where.

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
A very big thanks for reviewing my application. I would like to add that I have been ban from hypixel 3-4 years ago, and yes that is quite bad, but i cant change the past, but i can change the future so i have a request of sorts, i would like, if possible to be put on a list where i'm carefully watched, if i do show any sign of rule breaking, you can reject me fully, but if I show that i grew out of that phase, I would like that this history yo be ignored in the judgement of my application. and for catching hackers and moderating chat, but i assumed that is a given that every mod and admin is expected to do and so did not include it. I also ran this thru grammarly and fixed all mistakes, so strange that u found some, but non the less. thank you again. Oh and about the town, well for example make a public farm with signs saying, please join "/jobs" and join farmer to make money while your farming. Because it doesn't say this anywhere in spawn, and most players wont go out there way to find this, so the only way people find out is thru chat.

For your mistake: " I have yet received a reputation on this server since I'm quite new "

Tr1xstr

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
Neutral
Pros:
Experience

Cons:
Only able to play 7 hours weekly
Usage of slang
New to the server

Hello, Solenoi. After reviewing your application, I have given my pros and cons with the aim of constructive criticism. The main issue I find with the application is the inability to meet the playtime requirement each week. Seven hours weekly will not cut it, we ask for 10-15 minimum. Lastly, the usage of slang does not impress me, using "tho" instead of "though" has no place in a formal application. Thanks for applying, and see you around Jurassic!

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thank you for taking the time to apply. However your application has been denied for the following reason(s):
  • Seems rushed and lacks detail and effort. An application is the first impression of you, if you can't put effort into your application how can I expect you to put effort into staffing?
  • Numerous errors, while nobody is perfect you may use Google docs or Grammerly to help with these issues.
  • Cannot meet the minimum requirement
  • Use of slang, it's not the worst thing but it's something that people can take as easily offensive.
You may re apply in two weeks.