Helper
Staff member
Helper
IGN: SmekeS

Previous IGN: https://namemc.com/profile/SmekeS.1

Age (Must be 13 or older): 14

Timezone: EST

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly):

You know my past at Jurassic wasn't the brightest if you will, back then I would say I was toxic and immature and I made my friends toxic and immature. Now I have come to a realization and for the past couple of months I have been suggesting things in suggestions, I have been making friends (also made a clan that I didn’t think would pop off) so id says I’m quite friendly and I have 5 people who can prove it.

How active are/were you:

I am on every day for almost 3 hours or more but given more things to do I would likely be on even longer. Although at times I may be busy (i am a student) I will always be there to help.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimum?:

Oh yes definitely even more! If accepted into staff you can expect up to 15-20 hours online maybe more who knows might do all-nighters I have a habit of ruining my sleep cycle.

Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?:

I play Survival but I am always willing to try Skyblock if I’m needed there. To be quite honest I play survival more than sky block just due to the development that has been made there. I get they work hard on Skyblock too but it’s just not quite interesting for me, again I would do it if I’m needed.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?:

The reason I would like to apply is I always wanted to be a part of something bigger than me if you get what I mean. Another reason is I believe I have more experience in things an average helper wouldn’t but I will get to that in the next question.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:

Although my past being not so bright I think I could benefit the community with possible new players although not too needed due to the very fast increase in popularity, I think I could help benefit Jurassic I’ve always been told I’m a creative guy, and although some ideas may be corny some could be good.

What will you do to improve the community?:

Again I can have good ideas that can be good. I have experience with world guard and world edit and understand them pretty well. I am also good with holograms, NPC’s, buildings, and more! In my last server I staffed on I had to do **EVERYTHING**. I set a lot of things up, I talked a lot to the players, making maps, and protecting the server. I had to deal with stuff front and center and it has toughened me, someone trying to blackmail some staff? You had to go through me, someone has blacklisted items whoops guess who took them. In other words, I was the soul of that server and the likelihood of it surviving without me is unlikely.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion):
Can you record?:

I was a staff member on an SMP server named "PhoenixMC". I was awarded the Sr. Admin position before resigning due to on-going controversies with the owner.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I have a Blue Yeti silver microphone but I prefer to use my headset mic which isn’t too different.

Have you ever been banned from any server?:

Yes. Now listen, I have been banned from Jurassic and I admit that but I have come to a realization that what I did was wrong and I am sorry for doing what I did. In my last app, I was told by a staff member that they allow 2nd chances, not 9th, and if you still think this please ban me from applying.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team, you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and its community?:

Yes, I vow. Why would I ever do such a thing I’m not that kind of person and if I was I wouldn’t be here.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing, you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:

Why would I leak them? Who would ever do such a thing? I stick by the rule to treat others the way you would want to be treated and how someone would feel if their files or documents got leaked. If something like that were to have happened to me I would feel so hurt so I vow not to do this.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?:

I get along with many people. I don’t hold grudges and I am not biased so I would say check out for this section.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?:
Yes, and believe your decision is the best.

Last edited:

Smeke

Helper
Staff member
Helper
I have noticed some problems with my application I am going to fix it up

shai

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
+1

Pros
Meets minimal requirement
Sincere
Detailed Answers
Has previous staffing experience

Cons
Grammatical mistakes
EDIT: inappropriate chat
EDIT: Inappropriate IGN

Thank you for applying to JurassicMC to become a staff member. I've read your application from top to bottom, and below is my honest review of it.

EDIT: I took a look at your recent chat history (past day) and you do have some toxic and inappropriate chat.

Your application is good. Your honesty is the first thing that drew my attention. Yes, you have a history (and a long one), but the last issue was over two months ago, and I believe you have changed.

You wrote that you changed, that you've come to a realization. I appreciate that, and I think you actually have. Your answers are detailed and really bring out the person behind writing them.

You do have a lot of grammatical and punctuation errors, those should have been reviewed and fixed before posting the application (perhaps using 3rd party software like Grammarly).

Also, you have some formatting issues, really minor things and I wouldn't say this is anything against your application per se, but I would have liked to see more clear, clean, and consistent formatting.

Last edited:

TruckLover22

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Pros
Has a microphone

Cons
Previous ban history
Unhealthy chat history

Thank you for applying for the staff team here at JurassicMC! I have read your entire application from top to bottom and provided my pros and cons above. Your most recent chat activity is still somewhat unhealthy. Feel free to edit your application at any point in time. Hope to see you around JurassicMC!​

Last edited:

felipe1764

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
Pros
- Has a microphone
- Honesty

Cons
- Ban history

Thank you for taking time out of your day to apply for JurassicMC staff. I have provided you with the pros and cons of your application. Overall, your ban history is detrimental to your chances of becoming staff, but your last punishment was a little over 2 months ago. Feel free to edit your application at any point in time, and I hope to see you around JurassicMC!

Heerah

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Neutral

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on JurassicMc.
I've read your application from top to bottom, and below is my honest review of it.

Your chat history as of late is somewhat toxic and inappropriate.
Your honesty is appreciated, although you have a bit of history on JurassicMC, you do seem to have changed as you have told us.
Overall your application is good but, it does contain quite a few grammatical and punctuation errors, these can be fixed by adding Grammarly as an extension to your browser.
Your formatting isn't perfect but doesn't have a big impact on your application.
Now I will provide you with my pros and cons of your application:

Pros:
Sincere/honest
Detailed Answers

Cons:
Grammatical mistakes
Inappropriate and unhealthy chat
Inappropriate IGN

I have provided my honest opinion as constructive criticism.
Feel free to edit your application any time soon.
We hope to see you around on JurassicMC​

Smeke

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Neutral

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on JurassicMc.
I've read your application from top to bottom, and below is my honest review of it.

Your chat history as of late is somewhat toxic and inappropriate.
Your honesty is appreciated, although you have a bit of history on JurassicMC, you do seem to have changed as you have told us.
Overall your application is good but, it does contain quite a few grammatical and punctuation errors, these can be fixed by adding Grammarly as an extension to your browser.
Your formatting isn't perfect but doesn't have a big impact on your application.
Now I will provide you with my pros and cons of your application:

Pros:
Sincere/honest
Detailed Answers

Cons:
Grammatical mistakes
Inappropriate and unhealthy chat
Inappropriate IGN

I have provided my honest opinion as constructive criticism.
We hope to see you around on JurassicMC​
I have replaced my ign with an appropriate one. it is now SmekeS unless that means something in some other dialect

Heerah

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
I have replaced my ign with an appropriate one. it is now SmekeS unless that means something in some other dialect
Apologies in my dialect that would be considered an innuendo to something inappropriate tho it isn't instantly recognizable to those unknown to my own language it should be fine in the community, however, I cannot retract that part of my review.

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thank you for taking the time to apply. However your application has been denied for the following reason(s):
  • Seems rushed and lacks detail and effort. An application is the first impression of you, if you can't put effort into your application how can I expect you to put effort into staffing?
  • Numerous errors, while nobody is perfect you may use Google docs or Grammerly to help with these issues.
  • You have a history of proving you do not want to follow rules, this cannot be a thing for staff. You need to follow rules, and uphold them.
  • Your ign history shows lacking maturity. You did change it, but it still shows you lack maturity.
You may re apply in two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.