Support our new website by donating!

Click to Copy ip

Accepted ShattManks' Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

shattmanks

IGN: ShattManks

Previous IGN: (Link your Name Mc profile here):
Age (Must be 13 or older): 15 (07/05/05)

Timezone: BST

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly): Friendly, I used to frequent this server a lot, and I was well known for being a nice approachable guy that everyone could talk to.

How active are/were you: Recently, I have not really been active as at the moment I am looking to staff, not play. When I was a staff member I was extremely active and dedicated.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?: Yes. 2-3 hours on average, substantially more at weekends.

Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?: Survival, skyblock is not my strong point.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?: The main reason for wanting to apply to Jurassic again is because I want to staff again. I have taken a large break from staffing after learning a huge amount through this server, and one or two more. I always enjoyed engaging in chat, and making new friends. I want to continue this. Another reason I wish to join the team is because I want to have a more involved role in the running of the server. When I staffed on here before I was a chat mod, and I never really took it further than that, but this time my goal is to take a more administrative role within the team whilst maintaining a friendly relationship with the playerbase. Furthermore, I want to apply because I want to make Jurassic a more player friendly environment for everyone. Its not fun for a player to come onto a server and see a toxic environment (Not that Jurassic is a toxic environment, the prevention is always better than the cure) when it can be solved by active dedicated staff (which again, Jurassic already has).

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?: I have many skills that I could put to use.

- Responsible

I am older and more responsible than I was when I staffed on here before, and it means I will have clear and concise decision making. When talking to players in chat I will be able to take on a more mature role, and come across as professional and precise.

- Dedicated

I would not be making this application if I was not ready to be dedicated, when ever I make a decision such as this I want to be absolutely sure that I will have the time and effort to put into this server.

- Experienced

I have experience in staffing, whilst most of it comes from Jurassic there are some other servers that I staffed on from time to time where I picked up other skills.

- Friendly

Whenever I use to staff, one of my pet hates was an unapproachable or hostile staff team. As a member of the team I will always be willing to help, and friendly to everyone. I think that the key to a successful staff team is communication, and that comes with getting to know each other.

These are just a few examples of why I would be a valuable asset to the team.

What will you do to improve the community?: I will interact in chat, and become not just a staff member but a member of the community. The playerbase has changed vastly since I last played on here, and so I will have to get to know new players and staff. This is fine, as I previously mentioned I am friendly and easy to work with. If there are ever jobs needing done, I am always willing to help and will dedicate my time to making the server a more enjoyable experience for the players. I will be a dedicated staff member, presumably making the life's of other staff members more easy as it would make less work for them.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion): I have quite a lot of previous experience and most of it is Jurassic. I staffed on here for about four months, reaching the role of mod before my resignation. I resigned because I was burnt out, and a lot of the friends I had made on the server were beginning to leave. The reason this affected me was because of my attitude towards the way I played the server, which was more of the mindset of a player rather than a staff member. This is no longer a problem after many learning experiences.

Can you record?: Yes

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Have you ever been banned from any server?: No

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team, you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and its community?:
Do you vow that during the time of Staffing, you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
Yes

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?:
Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?:
Yes

PS - I know that my account name is TheRadiatedSheep on this website, I have made a ticket requesting to change it.

EDIT -

Thanks for replying, here are the answers to your questions.

- Being burnt out

As I stated in the application, the reason I became burnt out is because of my attitude towards Jurassic. I had the mindset of a player, and not one of a staff member. This meant that when all of my friends started to go their separate ways, from my player perspective I saw no point in staying in the server. I have a new attitude towards staffing now, with the mindset of a staff member rather than a player and that is why this will not be a problem.

- Making friends

I think you have misunderstood, or I have not written it very clearly but I was not saying my goal was to make friends, I was merely pointing out the fact that I am able to make friends easily which would make me fit in more as a staff member.

- What have I learnt since staffing in JurassicMC

I have learned how to conduct myself better in front of the players, and to be more swift in my decision making, whilst retaining a high standard of work. I have also began to learn things like screensharing (to a low level, I never actually did it in a real scenario).

Last edited:

TruckLover22

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for applying for the staff team here at JurassicMC! Below I have provided the pros and cons of your application. Overall your application is well detailed, but I do have a few questions/statements. You stated that you were staff here before, and you resigned because you were "burnt out" and a lot of your friends were starting to leave. Being a part of the staff team is not to make friends, yes that make occur, but it's about making the server a better place for all players. Can you describe to me how you are not going to get burnt out again as you were before in only 4 months of staffing? Last question, What have you learnt since the last time you staffed here at JurassicMC? Feel free to edit your application any time as you see fit.

Pros
Good Intentions
Previous Staff

Cons
n/a

Hope to see you around Jurassic in the near future!​

FUNFUNYT

Staff member
Mod
Hey ShattManks, thank you for applying for jurassicMC! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

Active (Can specify how much you can play per day for example)
Detailed application with no grammatical errors
Experienced
Meets minimum requirements
Good intentions

Cons:

I found no cons in this application

Your application is overall really detailed, but one suggestion I can give you is, you can add how many hours you can contribute per day, so I can know how active are you more specifically. But either way, if you do get accepted, welcome back to the team!

Trojanfile

Senior Admin
Staff member
Neutral

Pros:
Experience
Cons:
You have shown disloyalty before, how can we be so sure now that you won't this time?
More detail in the question " Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?: "​

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Neutral

Pros:
Experience
Cons:
You have shown disloyalty before, how can we be so sure now that you won't this time?
@ Shank. You need to answer this.

shattmanks

Neutral

Pros:
Experience
Cons:
I left the team due to the fact that my friends had left the team and I was unhappy, and the reason this will not happen again is my mindset and attitude towards the server. I have a different approach to things this time, which will prevent anything like that happening again. This means that if I ever make friends and they all leave, I will say my goodbyes and continue with my job on the server. I am here to be professional now.

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Application accepted, dm ᴋʏᴏᴊᴜʀᴏ#0001 for further instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.