Click to Copy ip

Accepted Popman's Real Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popmandoop

Helper
Staff member
Helper
IGN: Popmandoop (Forever and Always) #9539 (for discord)

Age (Must be 13 or older): 18

Timezone: Mountain (Denver)

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly): Definitely friendly if not very chatty. I don't have beef with anyone on the server, in fact so far I've only made good relationships, and friendships. I say that I'd be considered chatty because I spend more time typing to people than actually playing the game, that's most of the fun in my opinion. I much prefer making friends and helping them in Minecraft than the game itself. If I wanted to just play Minecraft Id be on single player. I choose multiplayer for the real person interaction. Its super fun making online friends and having fun time with them. Minecraft is more of a social platform for me to make pals and be able to stuff with them from around the world.

How active are/were you: I'm as active as time permits. Right now I work full time at Safeway selling seafood, but most of my free time is spent on Minecraft. Ill be moving to Idaho in September as well and my activity should go up then. I can usually play an hour on work days and 3-4 on days off, if not more.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?: Yes, and more in September. I work on average 5 days, and have 2 off. With the hours a mentioned previously I should be able to hit 11-13 at a very minimum, however my schedule could permit more some weeks. I can put in more once I move, Ill work less and am taking easier online classes.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?: So far I've really loved the community. Its small enough that you can make close relationships with people, and big enough that there are always plenty of people online to chat too. I think it makes for a very safe and friendly environment and I want to help sustain that so more players come and can have a safe place to relax, and chat after hard days. I know lots of my last servers shut down due to lots of bickering and negative mods and admins, and this server is totally free of that. Being able to work as a team to keep this community positive, safe, and welcoming. I want to help it grow and keep its community charm. I'd also like to add that I was going to apply in a week or two when I had more play time but I saw the discord announcement at work today and figured I'd give it a shot. I'm not planning on applying and leaving if not accepted. This server is a new home to me and I'm here to stay.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?: Like I said previously my main goals are to keep a positive safe environment for players to always feel welcome to. Having a place to have fun with friends and to relax is such an important thing to have. It means a lot to people knowing they have a place free of judgement knowing they can be themselves and not worry what other think, even if it is online. I know I've had far closer relationships with Mods on servers I played as a kid then lots of people I knew in real life. I want to be that person for people who were in the same spot as me.

What will you do to improve the community?: Keep the people who are trying to tear the server down out. I want to make sure that all the guys who join to just mess with people and make them unhappy aren't welcome and need to go. I want to keep Jurassic safe and accessible for everyone. On a smaller scale, I want to always be there for player, whether it be plugin help, help with bugs, help with the game, or just help with building, I want to be the guy that everyone knows they can go to for even the smallest problems because I like to help.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion:

Lapis Gang - Co-Owner : I helped pioneer an anarchy server with a friend, we had a steady 10 or so players, but not enough to justify the money spent. I built everything. The spawn, the shops, you name it. I also had to do almost all the plugin work since my friend was busy and didn't have time to figure it out, and I dealt with loads of player complaints. Specifically one guy. All. The. Time. But I never stopped helping him no matter how dumb the question, and never let my annoyance by question like how to get a bat on a lead show. I helped as much as I could.

Fandom Rehab Craft - Admin/Builder : My promotion was never announced due to it being largely unofficial and sudden. (Not in a promotion wave like usual). I was good friends with the owner and helped out lots of players with the weird plugins no one uses, like Ollivanders and T.A.R.D.I.S plugins. Also built a few things in spawn and help warps. The server shut down a few months later due to dwindling population.

Divinius - Builder : For proof if you look at the link the guy in green goggles is my old skin. I also have other sites that show builds I worked on if needed. On this server I built A LOT. The server wasn't open yet so I was just building beginning sky block islands and large scale rpg world maps. This was all last summer and unfortunately they dropped the project after many people left when school started up again.

Another server I forgot the name of - Builder/Admin : Some server I played on for a few weeks accepted me then shut down the next day. Don't remember the server name but some dude had a panda skin, Lol.

Can you record?: Yep, I use Geforce Experience, and bonus! I know how to edit on premiere pro pretty well since I make short films and edited my high school's video announcements for a year.

Do you have a microphone?: Yep!

Have you ever been banned from any server? Muted on Ethos's server in sixth grade for being obnoxious Lol. Other than that nope.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?: I do

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
I do.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?: Definitely, loads of experience pushing down my bias in my journalism class and with people at work.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?: Yes I do

P.s. Are we married yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.