Welcome!

Support our new website by donating!

Click to Copy ip

Denied OkAnd__'s Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkAnd__

If you wanna see my application in the proper format, I have it linked here.

Previous IGN:
OkAnd__
Age (Must be 13 or older):
16 (December 2nd, 2003)
Timezone:
GMT-4 (Eastern Daylight Time)
How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly): I believe within the community I'm seen in a friendly, positive light. I’m active in chat and go out of my way to help players and welcome players, give monetary handouts to assist other players within the game. I also try my best to help inform other players with the knowledge I have in-game and on the server so they can further themselves within the game.
How active are/were you:
I’m active as I can be. If I have spare time and I’m not working or doing schooling I’m online, I often work four days a week from four to eight hours. I currently have an average time of 4.25 hours a day on the server done using playtime divided by days since joined. I would provide my schedule, but it’s never consistent and always changing weekly.
Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?
Absolutely!
Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?
Survival, Skyblock gives me some feeling of claustrophobia that I can’t describe.
Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?:
Why would I like to apply for JurassicMC staff? Well, currently as it is I think I already benefit the community by being welcoming to other players, helping them by doing things like answering questions they may have about the server, paying new players money to help them get started, advice on things that would benefit them in-game and so forth. If I were staff I could do these things like a face in the team of staff on JurassicMC and continue doing what I do already. I also have eleven younger siblings I had a large role in raising, so I feel as if being a Helper would be a great role for me.
What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:
Not only will I continue doing what I already do to benefit the community such as helping players with small things, advising them on how to further in the server and knowledge they may want but do them as mentioned as a part of the staff team. I will also be laid back and help them while starting within the community by helping them adjust while being courteous and kind. I will also help keep players within the rules and help handle situations without any bias while being as mature as possible.

What will you do to improve the community?:
Whilst doing the things mentioned beforehand in my responses, such as being welcoming, kind, courteous, and helpful I will fulfill the tasks as a staff member with no bias and maturity. I also feel like my activity would be helpful because people are always in need of staff. While doing all this as a staff I feel as though I’ll be a great member as a smiling face on the staff team.
Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion):
Unfortunately, I do not.
Can you record?:
Yes, (using Xbox Hotbar provided by Windows 10)
Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, (Bengoo gaming headset, soon to be replaced.)
Have you ever been banned from any server?
Yes, Skrafty (August 2013 - July 2016) for saying “lmao.” (It’s a server you have to whitelist to and it’s a strict homeschooling Christian server, and no, I'm not joking.)
Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?:
I, OkAnd__, vow that if I were to be accepted to the staff team that I will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it’s community.
Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
I vow that during my time of staffing I will follow our set of staff rules and guidelines, not leak them and respect my peers despite not liking them. (I have to do this at work every day.)
Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?
Yes.
Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?:
Yes, I understand.

Thank you for reading my application! I tried my best and treated it as an application to a real job, I hope I did well. Thank you for your time and have a good day. Referred to by Tr1xstr.

Edit: Added details to convey my message better and grammar.

Last edited:

felipe1764

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Pros
- Can record

Cons
- Lacking a bit of detail
- No experience

Thanks for taking your time to apply to JurassicMC, other than the fact your application lacked some detail, and you were banned from a Minecraft server in 2016 for saying “lmao” in chat, you look like you would make a great fit for the JurassicMC staff team, hope to see you around!

Tr1xstr

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
+1
Pros:
Meets minimum requirements
Activity
Already in the community

Cons:
No experience
Few grammatical errors
Somewhat lacking detail

Hello OkAnd__. I have provided some pros and cons to your application above with the aim of constructive criticism. Overall, I quite like the application, however, adding more details is recommended. A few small grammatical errors are dotted around that could be improved on as well. Feel free to edit your application at any time. Thanks for applying, see you around Jurassic!

OkAnd__

Pros
- Can record

Cons
- Lacking a bit of detail
- No experience

Thanks for taking your time to apply to JurassicMC, other than the fact your application lacked some detail, and you were banned from a Minecraft server in 2016 for saying “lmao” in chat, you look like you would make a great fit for the JurassicMC staff team, hope to see you around!
Ah thank you, cya around!

Orbitz

Pros
- Owns a Mic
- Meets Age Requirements
- Can record gameplay

Cons
-No Staffing experience
- little to no detail
-Grammar errors

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff In Jurrasic, I have given you some Pros and cons that you could work on in your application and when you do that it should be great! Hope to see you online soon!

Keil1369

Senior Admin
Staff member
The only thing I have to say is that you are asking about your application in chat on the server to another staff member. Asking about your application is not allowed. This shows you didn't bother reading the rules for the application. How do we know you can read the rules and up hold them on our server? Asking about your application can result in an instant denial.​

OkAnd__

The only thing I have to say is that you are asking about your application in chat on the server to another staff member. Asking about your application is not allowed. This shows you didn't bother reading the rules for the application. How do we know you can read the rules and up hold them on our server? Asking about your application can result in an instant denial.​
My apologies, I was confused and shouldn't have done that. I won't repeat this behavior again.

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thank you for taking the time to apply. However your application has been denied for the following reason(s):
  • Seems rushed and lacks detail and effort. An application is the first impression of you, if you can't put effort into your application how can I expect you to put effort into staffing?
  • Numerous errors, while nobody is perfect you may use Google docs or Grammerly to help with these issues.
  • Asking staff about your application is an instant denial, this means you did not read the rules, so I cannot expect you to be able to enforce them if you cannot follow them yourself and set a good example for players.
You may re apply in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.