Welcome!

Support our new website by donating!

Click to Copy ip

Accepted M_Graves' Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_Graves

Foreword:
As a pretext to my application; I understand my time on JurassicMC has been brief compared to other players, and that may affect any decision to be made. But I implore you to have an open mind as you read through my application.. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read through this, and for any consideration you may have. Regards. -Graves

Application:

-Previous IGN:
M_Graves; NameMC

-Age (Must be 13 or older): 19.

-Timezone: Eastern Standard Time.

-How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly): Neutral or Friendly. I am rather professional in my manner of communication, so some people may view it negatively. I personally see it as a positive feature.

-How active are/were you: Recently, I haven't been as active as I can be. I was in the final days of A School, and there was a lot to focus on the days after COMP leading up to graduation. This weekend has been rather free for me, but I still had some tasks to complete every day. Now that I will have my watch schedule within the week, there will be a couple days in a watch cycle that I will have maybe an hour or two at most to spare. In between duty days (another way of saying the days I have watch), I will have two to three days off to relax and spend upwards of three to fours online. This past week, I believe I have put somewhere near ten to eleven hours cumulatively. Not positive, just a rough estimate.

-Can you contribute up to 20 hours a week minimal?: Close to it but probably not. Plain and simple. With my watch schedule being unpredictable at the moment, and with the small amount of people we have to stand watches, there's a very good chance I won't be able to meet the twenty hour quota. However, I do plan on being a section leader, which means I will be able to create watch bills and have the ability to limit when and where I stand watch. Conversely, that doesn't mean I will reject my responsibility of standing watch, and school work when I class up to Power School, just to be more active. I'm sure any reasonable person can understand that. I will try to meet that quota, to the best of my ability of course.

-Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?: I enjoy playing Survival more than Skyblock, so I am more active in the former. However, with my limited playing of Skyblock, I have become accustomed to how it operates and rules associated with it.

-Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?//What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?: I have a great deal of talent and experience to bring to the staff and player communities of JurassicMC. Allow me to explain:

-I have almost four years of experience with moderation and administration of various Minecraft servers. Five to be exact. Two of them being large multi-gamemode servers with an average player-base of 100-400 at a given time. The other three being smaller servers that have a player-base of ten to sixty varying throughout the day.

-With the experience I have amassed, it brings a proficiency of very common moderation and administrative plugins. CoreProtect, Essentials, Bungee, RedProtect and GriefProtection to name a few. I have also worked with custom plugins that have added anti-cheat elements on top of existing plugins.

-In addition to the above comments, I have also gained an immense knowledge in the recognition and identification of various hacked or maliciously modified clients. This includes and is not limited to: X-Ray, KillAura, JesusHacks, EntitySpeed/Fly, FreeCam, and ESP.

-What will you do to improve the community?: As mentioned above, I have a vast knowledge of moderation and administration. This also does not solely define who I am as a person or a player. First and foremost, I am a sailor in the United States Navy. What does that have to do with a Minecraft server you may ask? Well, this means that I have ideals that the common person may not posses. (If you do, good on you!) These being professionalism, integrity, commitment, and a willingness to help others. Now, to some, the way I present myself in chat and my mannerisms may seem "stuck up" or "pompous" if you would. But I say that it leaves impressions on people that they themselves won't see right away. People who exhibit a professional and respectful mannerism, often are given respect that they are due. This prevents others from walking over them and exploiting any tepidness that they may possess.
In short, I will help the community by bringing an individual who can be an advocate for others when issues or ideas are to be addressed, and show upmost professionalism in all of my interactions. Both as a staff and as a player.

-Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion): Close to four years of experience as being a moderator and administrator.
"-I have almost four years of experience with moderation and administration of various Minecraft servers. Five to be exact. Two of them being large multi-gamemode servers with an average player-base of 100-400 at a given time. The other three being smaller servers that have a player-base of ten to sixty varying throughout the day."

Reason for leaving: I was shipping out to boot camp, couldn't stick around during then. I had also left two servers a few months before I shipped out due to me focusing on schoolwork and my personal life as COVID-19 started to lockdown most of the United States.

-Can you record?: Yes, and I use more than one method of recording in the event one becomes unreliable.

-Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

-Have you ever been banned from any server?: Yes, but it was temporary for staff role removal. Nothing malicious.

-Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team, you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and its community?: I, M_Graves, as both being an honest and dependable player and a sailor, vow to do no harm in any capacity to the staff or player-base communities alike. I vow to uphold my ideals and provide a positive role model for others.

-Do you vow that during the time of Staffing, you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?: I, M_Graves, as I have time and time again, vow to follow every and all guidelines set before me as a staff member. I vow to maintain professionalism at all times by maintaining the confidentiality of staff sensitive documents and to respect all players and staff alike, no matter if the respect is mutually shared.

-Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?:
Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?: I often encounter people who have a strong disliking to me, but I treat everyone with respect. Regardless if they've earned it or not. Often times it's something that causes them to change a view point or even become a friendly person. I also have a strict personal rule of never being bias in any situation, even in personal affairs. I address and analyze every situation from multiple angles, often finding solutions in the most unlikely of views. I understand that my position as a staff member is fluid, that it can change at anytime. Within reason of course.

Last edited:

FUNFUNYT

Staff member
Mod
Hey Graves! Thank you for applying for JurassicMC! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

Detailed
A kind player in the community
Experienced

Cons:

N/A

Your application is really detailed and organized, good job! Hope to see you around Graves!

TheOddGamering

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Hello M_Graves, thank you for taking the time to apply for Jurassic, here are my pros and cons below:

Pros
-Previous staff experience
-Clean history
-Good intentions
-Good detail/grammar

Cons
-N/A

Thank you again for taking the time to apply to Jurassic.

~Odd

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Application accepted, dm ᴋʏᴏᴊᴜʀᴏ#0001 on Discord for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.