Accepted Joshy's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshys

Helper
Staff member
Helper
IGN: Joshys

Previous IGN: (Link your Name Mc profile here) https://namemc.com/profile/Joshys.4

Age (Must be 13 or older): 18.

Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10)

How do you believe you are viewed in the community? (Toxic/Neutral/Friendly): Friendly. When I logon to the server my attitude is how many people can I help today. Most of the time when I'm on the server I'm in the discord server chilling in a voice chat chatting to some members.

How active are/were you: I go into depth a bit more below. But I’m reasonably active. I’m contactable via discord 10-15 hours a day.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal? You might as well have some information about me instead of me just saying yes. I’m Josh, I’m currently undergoing an apprenticeship at Mazda as a light vehicle mechanic. I’m a junior firefighter on call 6 hours a night. I also play in an amateur soccer team. So after all that I still find time to play games (somehow.) I can contribute about 2-3 hours a night, give or take some. I’ll be most active around 7-10 pm AEST. On the weekends I still do have a tight schedule with weekend soccer but can be online 4+ hours on the weekends.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?: I’m new back to Minecraft after about a year's break. I was browsing the server list for a family-friendly Minecraft server and you guys came across my eye. I was just looking for a well-developed server without having to worry about it shutting down. I’m a relatively new member of the community, joining about 2 weeks ago. I wasn’t initially planning on applying for staff until Brandon announced on the discord server Jurassic was looking for AU staff members. I believe that when you apply for staff you have to take a step back and look at your motives. Why are you applying for staff? Is it for social status, the power? Or are you genuinely interested in helping people and bettering the community. To help an individual you don’t even need a staff rank. Anybody can do it. Whereas to benefit the community as a whole, I feel being a staff member is key.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:
I feel I can bring numerous benefits to the Jurassic staff team and community. Here are a few of my attributes.

Communication is one of the most critical factors that allow people to decide if they can trust you. I feel like I'm not a shy person, I can easily communicate with my peers and the wider community, and I hardly ever run into problems with anyone whether that being personal or business.

Professionalism. I know how to be professional because it runs in the family. I act just like my mum, and sometimes like my dad. My mum is a very professional person, she does very well in her job (Nurse Practitioner.) She wants to be the one who stands out and does the best at her job, as do I. On the other hand, my dad is more of a funny guy, who makes everyone laugh at any given time, whether someone is sad or just fine, he makes everyone smile, as do I. I want to do the best I can at my job and be funny when the time is right. When it’s time to get serious I focus on what's needed. I love to take criticism from everyone around me as this can help me improve my ability in many areas of expertise, I'm candid with myself and others, and I take responsibility for my actions 100% of the time.

Dedication. I believe I'm quite a dedicated person, and I think this is one of the most critical factors that can help me succeed as a member of a staff team. I keep trying my best with everything I attempt, and I will do anything needed to fulfil my goal. My goal, in this case, would be keeping the server a friendly environment for any age, ability, and background

What will you do to improve the community?: I've been chatting to a few members of the server, a lot of people agree that when people need help the staff members aren't as readily available as they would like to be. More staff members will be able to combat this. I'm very good at answering technical questions and if I could never answer that question I always make sure I get back to them. I am always up for helping plan community events such as rabbit hole events, 1v1s and all that.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion):
Most of my experience was high staff positions, however, I have had a fair share of moderating servers. I will try to keep my answer as relevant as possible.

ReeveMC » Moderator | 100-200 player base. On the reeve I made my way through the ranks pretty quickly, reaching moderator in a few weeks of becoming a trial-mod. On the moderating team, there were a few different branches. I was on the training team. One job was to train Trial-Mods on how to detect individuals running hacked clients and also mentor the trial-moderators for their exams to become a moderator. Sadly this server went through a lot of head-staff issues leading to my resignation.

TheArcade » Helper | Failed Release. The Arcade was destined to be popular, sadly the owners made some questionable advertising decisions (ehem hiring Skeppy to stream) which equated around 300 fanboys to the server. But sadly did not keep a consistent player base which quickly dwindled to numbers around 10 before the season finished 2 weeks later. The server hasn’t opened since July last year, I was never officially demoted and am still a Helper in the discord.

ChaoticCraft » Manager | 30-50 player base. My time here was short. ChaoticCraft was an OG faction server promising to bring back the old times, which it did. My main job was managing the staff, forums and updates. The community was very toxic which led to an absurd amount of hacking. I got doxed but an ex-staff member that I had demoted a few days back and was threatening me. I decided it would be best for me to depart from the admin team.

Can you record?: Yes, OBS.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, a Blue Yeti.

Have you ever been banned from any server? I’m not going to sit here and tell blatant lies, I’ve been playing Minecraft since 2013. I was 11, I can’t recall how many times or when I was banned. But I’ve been banned.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you
will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?
: Yes.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?: Yes.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff? Yes.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?: Of course.

Last edited:

APlethora

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
Pros
-Detail
-Has Mic
-Can Record

Cons
-Fairly new to the server
-Not very active

This is a very good application! I understand that you're extreamly busy, but you should try to be a bit more active. Thank you very much for applying! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.