Click to Copy ip

Denied Helper Application - MakeAWishKid96

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeAWishKid966

Timezone:
PST

How do you believe you are viewed in the community?:
Neutral. I love to talk in chat with others and make new friends everyday.

How active are/were you:
I joined about a month and a half ago; my playtime is 5d 3h 8m 24s. I will be active as much as possible considering up to 15 or more hours per week.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?
I can go above and beyond this, contributing 15 to 20 hours per week.

Do you play Survival or Sky block more?
The majority of my time is survival, I have not touched Jurassic's sky-block very much. If needed, I would love to play sky-block more often than most. Although, survival has more abilities such as, mountains, ravines, ores, etc. I think personally, there is a lot more opportunities in survival than sky block.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?:
I've been playing in the server for a while now and have always noticed people in need of assistance when no staff was online. I have tried to help as much as I could and i bought T-Rex rank to further try and help people. I feel like helper would be the natural progression, and would provide me with the right tools to help everyone I can.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:
I believe I can benefit this server by giving a helping hand just as I was given when I was just starting out. I'm aware of the struggles a new player goes through and how confusing it may be to start on a new server from scratch. I will personally DM or reply to any new player in chat that requires assistance and will be with them until they have no further questions.

What will you do to improve the community?:
I usually play in a friend group with 3 or more players who are eager to see me succeed, so nothing will go by unnoticed. I will try to think of ideas to keep the community engaged, be it events or builds, and provide the staff with personal opinions on how to make things run smoother. The best interest of the server will always be main priority on any decision i make.

Previous staff experiences:

I have no recent staff experience.

Can you record?:
Yep, I've streamed off twitch and even made videos.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes indeed I do.

Have you ever been banned from any server?

No.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community?:
Yes, I vow that I will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and it's community.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
I vow I will follow your set of staff Rules/Guidelines and not leak or disrespect any of them.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?
I am very nice to anyone and everyone. I get along with everybody I meet.

References:

MC name: AldoBrownPoo
Discord: poopoo aldo#9389

MC name: poopoo eli
Discord: poopoo eli#4903

MC name: 1stEned
Discord: Ened#3407

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?:
Yes.

Last edited:

APlethora

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Pros
-Owns mic

Cons
-No previous staffing experience
-Severely lacking detail
-Asking staff members to look at application

Thank you for taking the time to make an application. I suggest adding some detail into your answers as it is lacking a lot. Feel free to edit your application whenever you like.

MakeAWishKid966

Pros
-Owns mic

Cons
-Severely lacking detail
-Asking staff members to look at application

Thank you for taking the time to make an application. I suggest adding some detail into your answers as it is lacking a lot. Feel free to edit your application whenever you like.

Thank you APlethora, I will add more detail.

Orbitz

Pros
-Has mic

Cons
- Little to no detail
-Grammar errors

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on Jurassic. But your application has little detail and grammatical errors. I would recommend editing your application and adding those features. I wish you all the best.

MakeAWishKid966

Pros
-Has mic

Cons
- Little to no detail
-Grammar errors

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on Jurassic. But your application has little detail and grammatical errors. I would recommend editing your application and adding those features. I wish you all the best.
I have fixed my mistakes on my post.

Last edited:

Tr1xstr

Server Mod
Staff member
Mod
+1
Pros:
Already in the community
Has the correct intentions
Correct grammar

Cons:
No experience
*Lacking detail*

Hello, MakeAWishKid96. I have listed some pros and cons here as constructive criticism. The only and main issue I find with your application is the lack of detail. This application shows us how much effort you are willing to put in, the extra effort will go a long way. I would like to hear more about what you will do for the community, why you will benefit us, and why you would like to apply here. Thanks for applying and see you around Jurassic!

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hello, my name is Aaron and even though I may be new to the server, I feel as if there are many ways that you can improve your application. But in saying that, there are also many positives which many top applications have and I believe there is a lot of potential within yours. Let us debunk your application:

What have you done well?:

1) You seem like a very committed and likeable person with references to back that up which would make you an ideal candidate for this job.
2) You go into a surface level of detail about why you want to be a staff member which is decent but can get better.
3) You may have no experience but you're choosing this server to apply on as your first server which I guess in some respect is very good of you.

What can you improve on?:

1) You should format your application in a much more appealing way, why I am saying this is because it is hard to read as both the questions and the answers are the same colour. You can format the application better by changing the colour of the questions and the colours of the answers to black and white as they contrast with eachother and make it easier to see. You should also align it in the centre of the document.
2) You should also add a lot more detail and have more grammatical precision when it comes to writing your application. I know many of the other people who've commented have said the same thing, but you need to go into more depth on how you will be a good staff member on the server that this will benefit you a lot. I have put an example of how you can improve below. In this paragraph, you only talk about helping new players but what about older and more experienced players, what if they need help? Be sure to add this information in.
What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?:
I believe I can benefit this server by giving a helping hand just as I was given when I was just starting out. I'm aware of the struggles a new player goes through and how confusing it may be to start on a new server from scratch. I will personally DM or reply to any new player in chat that requires assistance and will be with them until they have no further questions.
3) When you talk about your schedule and hours, put a timetable so it gives the staff a much more clearer time about when you're free on the server.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. I hope you succeed. But, as of right now this application is not up to a decent standard and can be improved. I hope you don't think of this as any sort of bullying because I am trying to look out for you! Anyways, good luck - Aaron.

1stEned

Hello Aaron. I'm one of Wish's friends and i couldn't help but feel you were picking at her for no good reason. As far as formatting goes, this is a serious application and is treated as such. Every application uses Bold White for form questions and 'Normal White' for the applicants responses. Grammar mistakes always happen as nobody is perfect, but you could point out where such mistake has happened. And for your third timetable criticism, i feel it's unrealistic to ask for set times or even a form of schedule. At the end of the day Minecraft is a game and a hobby, even though a staff position is understandably serious work and should not be taken lightly. Between school work and chores, i'd say i've seen Wish easily put in 6 hours a day in the server, building or hanging out with friends. I hope Wish isn't penalised for my response to Aaron, but i felt it was necessary. I hope everyone has a great day.

MakeAWishKid966

Hello, my name is Aaron and even though I may be new to the server, I feel as if there are many ways that you can improve your application. But in saying that, there are also many positives which many top applications have and I believe there is a lot of potential within yours. Let us debunk your application:

What have you done well?:

1) You seem like a very committed and likeable person with references to back that up which would make you an ideal candidate for this job.
2) You go into a surface level of detail about why you want to be a staff member which is decent but can get better.
3) You may have no experience but you're choosing this server to apply on as your first server which I guess in some respect is very good of you.

What can you improve on?:

1) You should format your application in a much more appealing way, why I am saying this is because it is hard to read as both the questions and the answers are the same colour. You can format the application better by changing the colour of the questions and the colours of the answers to black and white as they contrast with eachother and make it easier to see. You should also align it in the centre of the document.
2) You should also add a lot more detail and have more grammatical precision when it comes to writing your application. I know many of the other people who've commented have said the same thing, but you need to go into more depth on how you will be a good staff member on the server that this will benefit you a lot. I have put an example of how you can improve below. In this paragraph, you only talk about helping new players but what about older and more experienced players, what if they need help? Be sure to add this information in.

3) When you talk about your schedule and hours, put a timetable so it gives the staff a much more clearer time about when you're free on the server.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. I hope you succeed. But, as of right now this application is not up to a decent standard and can be improved. I hope you don't think of this as any sort of bullying because I am trying to look out for you! Anyways, good luck - Aaron.
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will take some advice and go ahead and edit my application to further my ability to be accepted into a position fit for me. :)

unobjectionable

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hello Aaron. I'm one of Wish's friends and i couldn't help but feel you were picking at her for no good reason. As far as formatting goes, this is a serious application and is treated as such. Every application uses Bold White for form questions and 'Normal White' for the applicants responses. Grammar mistakes always happen as nobody is perfect, but you could point out where such mistake has happened. And for your third timetable criticism, i feel it's unrealistic to ask for set times or even a form of schedule. At the end of the day Minecraft is a game and a hobby, even though a staff position is understandably serious work and should not be taken lightly. Between school work and chores, i'd say i've seen Wish easily put in 6 hours a day in the server, building or hanging out with friends. I hope Wish isn't penalised for my response to Aaron, but i felt it was necessary. I hope everyone has a great day.
Hi there, I didn't mean to offend you at all. This is only my opinion and I could be completely wrong. If it is okay with you, please don't say that I am "picking on her" when I am not. That is not my goal and at the start I even listed what was good in her application. Anyways, I am sorry for causing a lot of drama but if you want to talk about it, please message me on discord! - Aaron

1stEned

Hi there, I didn't mean to offend you at all. This is only my opinion and I could be completely wrong. If it is okay with you, please don't say that I am "picking on her" when I am not. That is not my goal and at the start I even listed what was good in her application. Anyways, I am sorry for causing a lot of drama but if you want to talk about it, please message me on discord! - Aaron
Please don't feel as if you offended me. Criticism should be welcomed at all times, but i only said you were picking on her because of the points you were making. All applications are formated this way. Wish has helped new and old members alike, but its newer members that are in need of help 80% of the time. She'd obviously be ready to help an experienced player if need be. I would appreciate a chat in Discord as well.

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thank you for taking the time to apply. However your application has been denied for the following reason(s):
  • Seems rushed and lacks detail and effort. An application is the first impression of you, if you can't put effort into your application how can I expect you to put effort into staffing?
  • Numerous errors, while nobody is perfect you may use Google docs or Grammerly to help with these issues.
  • Asking staff to look at your application is instant denial, and it means you did not read the rules, or if you did you refuse to follow them. This is not an acceptable trait for staff.
You may re apply in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.