Click to Copy ip

Denied Helper Application (23Hudson)

Hudson

IGN: 23Hudson
Previous IGN: 23Hudson | Search | NameMC
Age (Must be 13 or older): 18
Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT)
-
How do you believe you are viewed in the community?: I believe I am viewed in an amiable and warm-hearted manner within the community.

How active are/were you: I originally joined in early 2020. I try to dedicate multiple hours at a time when logging on.

Can you contribute up to 10 hours a week minimal?: Yes, I can contribute at least 10 hours of the minimal requirement each week.

Do you play Survival or Skyblock more?: I typically just play the survival, however, I am trying to get into the skyblock server as well. I would like to be playing one as much as the other.

Why would you like to apply for Jurassic?: When I joined the server, the very first thing I pointed out to myself was the amount of welcoming energy the staff members of the team projected towards others coming into the community as a player. That initiated a spark of excitement for the experiences I was going to experience on the server. As I continued learning more and more about the community, I suddenly felt a sense of confidence in being able to apply and become a staff member. I love this community and feel a drive to apply myself and my work ethic to create an even happier and healthier place for others. I want to utilize my knowledge and skill set to give back. I have always enjoyed aspects of contributing to moderation or “staffing”, and furthermore would love to partake in any form of responsibility the team has to offer.

What would you do to benefit Jurassic and its community?: The multiple strong aspects of my versatile personality make me a desirable addition to the team. I am incredibly sympathetic and compassionate, I enjoy networking and meeting new people, and spreading a positive attitude & energy. I have a strong and dedicating work ethic and I hold myself to maintaining responsibility, I am always thriving to apply myself to something as much as I can for maximum result. I’ve also often had a strong initiative to showing leadership, as seen that I have had multiple years of experience in teaching orchestra classes (this is year 5!), I am a manager at a learning center ages 4-15 in my hometown, and lastly I have experience in a program where I would work 1 on 1 with kids to give them someone to talk to or distract them (virtually just a friend, it's an early learners program). My experiences working with others in environments where I am a role model assisting or teaching them allows me to justify why I should be picked.

What will you do to improve the community?: As previously reflected on, my kind-hearted and energetic personality leads me to have strong relations with many types of people. I feel that, overall, I am capable in improving the involvement and contact between players, and creating a brighter environment for players. At times, I feel like sets of players involve themselves within "cliques" or friend groups and don't expand from the standpoint of social status. Personally, seeing such an aspect I have had many moments where I have felt more observant than involved as a player, and as a staff member, I want to make such feeling of exclusion among some of the newer or more quiet players to be diminished. Part of my goal is to try to bring more unity amongst the players, and getting involved with more of the players regardless of the ratio between known and unknown, and with such goal I hope to bring more interaction between more of the community.
-
Previous staff experiences:
Note: As it may seem that I have worked for a multitude of servers, which seems to at times be a concern rather than a benefit, I want readers to understand I've been playing minecraft a really long time. Yes, although the number of servers just reading it seems concerning, but I am a veteran to this game - playing the Java edition since 2015. Most of the servers I was working for (besides situations like ReeveMC which is detailed) were early in my teenage years, I time where I was more immature and reckless to go from one server to another very easily. From then, I have matured in ways that I didn't know was capable. I want my list of server experience to demonstrate not only that I know what to do, but additionally what not to do. (Refer to comments for additional details)

Aspiria: Manager - It was a few years back. I worked for at least 9 months, but towards the end of my time as staff the owner was not in the best mindset to be taking proper care & work on the server in any manner, and furthermore did not allow me to make any advances to keep players, so as the server was declining in condition, I decided to leave as I was no longer fulfilling what I could for the community. (Edit: As commented below, TruckLover22 found a listed ban on my account from about 4 years ago. As to my memory, this was not a serious ban, but if I can get the details behind it I will edit this as needed).

CandyCloud: Manager - Currently, I this server is owned by a new owner rather than the owner I worked under. However, my experience on this server came from a friend in common with said owner. He had sent my resume to the owner and the owner reached out to me to work virtually as his assistant, basically a community manager. It was a very good experience, but it was short lived. After roughly 5 months, that was when the owner I was working for was deciding to sell the server, so at the time I resigned.

ReeveMC: Administration - This is when I had an important change in life focus (personal reasons) so I chose to resign. However, I was an Administrator who worked as an applications reviewer and interview assistant to the staff manager, and I was a trainer for incoming trial moderators. I worked for this server on two different occasions, once in 2016 and once again in 2019/2020, the server died out on its own, I only recently left our discords due to it being inactive.

LlamaCraft: Administration - Promoted right before a revamp, I did not experience being an administrator long as I left before it all happened, as the owner had announced the server was just going to shut down. I didnt decide to come back when I heard he decided to stay because I felt it was a sign for me to step down. I really enjoyed my time moderating on the server however, currently it was my favorite moderating experiences.
Cascade/Dream MC: Moderator - Cascade was an after-product of DreamMC, as the owner had sold DreamMC and decided to start an entirely new server months after. I handled generic moderation of gameplay. As for DreamMC, after the original owner sold it, I stayed only two months after new ownership came in, because our new management was running by the management of the accompanying servers and favoritism (in a discriminatory manner, ex; sexism) was persistent in who was staff and evaluations and such. Factors were prioritized in people that could not be controlled, and it affected how management acted towards others. It was a very negative environment to be around.
-
Can you record?: Yes, I can record.
Do you have a microphone?: Yes, I have a microphone.

Have you ever been banned from any server?: No, I have not been banned from a server.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team, you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Jurassic and its community?: I understand.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing, you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?: Of course, I understand.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff?: Yes, I always find ways to be as peaceful as possible and attempt to avoid personal conflict with others as much as possible. Regardless of how someone else feels towards me, I will consistently give them the same level of respect as anyone else.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything?: I completely understand.

Thank you!

Last edited:

TruckLover22

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the staff team here at JurassicMC! Below I have provided the pros and cons of your application. Feel free to edit the application anytime you see fit. Hope to see you around JurassicMC!

Pros
Good detail on the questions

Cons
You have been staff at quite a bit of places

You stated that you were never banned on any server, yet I have found that you were banned from another server for "Inappropriate language on multiple occasions, attacking and harassing players, inappropriate comments". Can you explain what led up to all of this?

EDIT: Has siblings that play on the same IP, so this was not the applicant.
Looks like you joined the server just on this account 2.35 days ago, and have an alt that was warned for caps 308 days ago, failed to mention this.

Last edited:

Hudson

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the staff team here at JurassicMC! Below I have provided the pros and cons of your application. Feel free to edit the application anytime you see fit. Hope to see you around JurassicMC!

Pros
Good detail on the questions

Cons
You have been staff at quite a bit of places

You stated that you were never banned on any server, yet I have found that you were banned from another server for "Inappropriate language on multiple occasions, attacking and harassing players, inappropriate comments". Can you explain what led up to all of this?

Looks like you joined the server just on this account 2.35 days ago, and have an alt that was warned for caps 308 days ago, failed to mention this.
Hello! Thanks for the response. I actually do not know what server you are talking about, is there any way for us to discuss what you found? I did not join on this account 2.35 days ago, I have been a member for a while. If it helps, I’ve had this forums account since August of 2020. I have two siblings who play under my IP, which one was warned - I do not have an alt. Thanks!

TruckLover22

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hello! Thanks for the response. I actually do not know what server you are talking about, is there any way for us to discuss what you found? I did not join on this account 2.35 days ago, I have been a member for a while. If it helps, I’ve had this forums account since August of 2020. I have two siblings who play under my IP, which one was warned - I do not have an alt. Thanks!
On Aspiria, to be exact it was 1285 days and 26 minutes ago is when you were punished for that.

Hudson

On Aspiria, to be exact it was 1285 days and 26 minutes ago is when you were punished for that.
I’m sorry, is there anymore detail you would be able to provide for me? We used to test a lot of our automative punishments on the server, I just don’t recall a reason I would be banned on a server I had worked on, I’m not the type to do so. This was 4 years ago, I would like to be able to validate what actually happened. I appreciate you letting me know

TruckLover22

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I’m sorry, is there anymore detail you would be able to provide for me? We used to test a lot of our automative punishments on the server, I just don’t recall a reason I would be banned on a server I had worked on, I’m not the type to do so. This was 4 years ago, I would like to be able to validate what actually happened. I appreciate you letting me know
All I know is what I posted, I don't know the reason behind it, this is why I was seeing if you remember why you were punished for that reason. I see the kicks that were tested, but this one doesn't look like a test, however it was 4 years ago, nothing recent which is always a good thing.

Hudson

All I know is what I posted, I don't know the reason behind it, this is why I was seeing if you remember why you were punished for that reason. I see the kicks that were tested, but this one doesn't look like a test, however it was 4 years ago, nothing recent which is always a good thing.
Got it, thank you for the clarification. I’ll address it in my application, but to anyone reading these comments I truly do not know a reason I would have been banned. We had tested an automatic punishment system at one point that had automated reasons to ban a player, and as I worked with development to test systems, it could have been this. I’ll look and reach out to anyone to see if I can find anything to justify this. Thanks for the comments Truck!

_Cinders

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hey 23Hudson thank you for applying for JurassicMC! Here are my honest pros and cons:

Pros:
Meets minimum requirements.
Can record and has a mic.
Lots of detail.

Cons:
Has resigned multiple times so how can we not expect you to resign too?
Been Staff on multiple servers.

Overall your application is very detailed and I can see you have spent alot of time perfecting it.
But from your application it seems like you cannot work with people you don't like.
You have painted a picture of who you are with the application.
Feel free to edit this application before a owner responds.

Hudson

Hey 23Hudson thank you for applying for JurassicMC! Here are my honest pros and cons:

Pros:
Lots of detail.

Cons:
Has resigned multiple times so how can we not expect you to resign too?
Been Staff on multiple servers.

Overall your application is very detailed and I can see you have spent alot of time perfecting it.
But from your application it seems like you cannot work with people you don't like.
You have painted a picture of who you are with the application.
Feel free to edit this application before a owner responds.
Hey! Thanks for the reply, I have added in some commentary regarding the concern with the servers with the "Note" above the list of servers I have worked for, hopefully this responds to your question. If possible, whether here or privately, I would love it if you could explain what you mean by "seems like you cannot work with people you don't like"? I dislike seeing this stated as I try really hard to be collaborative and have a really peaceful environment - I want to know how to seem like I can be approachable and work with others regardless of the condition. :)

Heerah

Senior Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on JurassicMc.
I have read your application and here is my honest review.

Overall your application is detailed and you have a good amount of experience, however, the staggering amount of servers you have resigned on is a concern.

As it stands it seems you get bored of servers easily and seek to find a new more interesting one to replace them, as stated by my colleague cinders, your application shows who you are and it seems you cannot work peacefully with players you do not like as you would rather avoid the situation altogether.

Overall I found a small number of cons in your application and a few pros as well.

Pros
Lots of detail.

Cons
Seems to get bored of a server easily (deduced from the number of servers the applicant has resigned from).
Prefers to avoid conflict rather than find a peaceful mature way to solve the issue.

I have given my Honest review as constructive criticism.
You may edit your application at any time before the owner responds.

Hudson

Thank you for taking the time to apply for staff on JurassicMc.
I have read your application and here is my honest review.

Overall your application is detailed and you have a good amount of experience, however, the staggering amount of servers you have resigned on is a concern.

As it stands it seems you get bored of servers easily and seek to find a new more interesting one to replace them, as stated by my colleague cinders, your application shows who you are and it seems you cannot work peacefully with players you do not like as you would rather avoid the situation altogether.

Overall I found a small number of cons in your application and a few pros as well.

Pros
Lots of detail.

Cons
Seems to get bored of a server easily (deduced from the number of servers the applicant has resigned from).
Prefers to avoid conflict rather than find a peaceful mature way to solve the issue.

I have given my Honest review as constructive criticism.
You may edit your application at any time before the owner responds.
Hello! As it currently stands, there seems to be slight misunderstanding. I implied that I try to avoid conflicts or negative emotions with another player - not that I would avoid working with someone, whether player or staff, that I am not on the best of terms with. I understand that to be a responsibility of a staff member, giving your services beyond personal connection. I think it came across as if I would be ignoring someone who I would experience complications with. I apologize if my wording came across in that manner.
Also, regarding the previous server experience, I had also explained that in my "Note" under my experience that this was a time of my life where I was far younger and a lot less mature. I am no loner the young kid I was when I first started gaining experience in moderation, I'm just being honest in sharing what experiences I have had. For most people, that is a lot of servers to go through. For me, during that time of my life, I was moving through servers as the servers moved along, I was honest in my reasonings for leaving each of the servers. I just want my application to demonstrate my capabilities of who I am now and how I have grown, rather than the history of my experiences coming across as incapable.
Sorry if I seem defensive, I am sensitive when it comes to me misrepresenting myself. Thank you for the comments!

Last edited: